Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Program
Alcohol and substance abuse problems come in all shapes and sizes. And it’s foolish to think that every person struggling with addiction will respond to the same kinds of treatment. This is why at the Lakeview Health center in Woodlands, TX, we offer a wide range of outpatient addiction treatment programs in TX to people who are trying to free themselves of addiction. One of the most successful of the programs we offer is our cognitive behavioral therapy program.
What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Cognitive behavioral therapy, or CBT, is the most common type of talk therapy in addiction therapy services in Woodlands, TX. A cognitive behavioral therapy program almost always involves working with a mental health professional in a structured way for a limited number of sessions in order to achieve the goals that you have set. The specific goals of CBT are different for every patient, but the general goals are always the same. By talking through problems and analyzing behaviors, CBT allows you to identify your negative or false perceptions of problems so that you can see them for what they are and approach them more effectively. In its simplest terms, CBT allows you to address and reflect upon the way that you think about problems so that you can act on your problems more effectively.
A cognitive behavioral therapy program can be used to treat a wide range of mental issues. This includes many that often accompany alcohol- and substance use disorders, like depression, anger-management problems, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). But CBT has proven extremely effective at helping patients battle addiction, and we are proud to say that Lakeview Health’s cognitive behavioral therapy program, is on the front lines of that battle.
The CBT Advantage
There are many well-documented advantages associated with cognitive behavioral therapy programs. At cognitive behavioral therapy in Woodlands, TX, we have used this approach to help steer many battling with alcohol- and substance use disorder down the road to recovery. Among the advantages are:
- A cognitive behavioral therapy program is a short-term, targeted therapy. It almost always requires fewer sessions than other kinds of treatment, as patients tend to meet with their therapists weekly or biweekly for only a few months.
- Because in CBT patients and therapists are targeting particular attitudes and behaviors, we often begin to see results very early in the process. This is, of course, an enormous advantage for patients dealing with substance-abuse issues.
- CBT can also be done individually, in groups, or with some combination of the two, as is the case of Lakeview Health’s dialectical behavioral therapy program in TX. There are several different models, and the therapy will be suited specifically to the patient.
- Because of its short-term, structured nature, CBT is often a less expensive alternative to other kinds of therapy.
- CBT is a very highly respected technique in counseling communities around the world. There is a great deal of empirical evidence that it works. It has been demonstrated time and time again that it can help patients overcome a wide variety of conditions, especially substance-abuse issues.
At the cognitive behavioral therapy in Woodlands, TX, we pride ourselves on our high standard of patient care. Our use of a variety of patient-focused therapies has made us one of the best sources of rehabilitation and recovery in Texas, and we are here to help you too.
Contact Us Today
It is easy to put off reaching out for help with addiction, in the hopes of finding the “right” time. Don’t hesitate in starting a cognitive behavioral therapy program. It is time to take back control of your life from the substances that control you. Cognitive behavioral therapy in Woodlands, TX, is here to help you take those first steps. But first, you need to contact us. Reach out to us today by calling 281.784.3842. You’ll be glad you did.